In this hands-on three (3) days training workshop, the course has been designed to equip participants with powerful data visualization capabilities using MS Power BI. Participants would be able to generate data visualization and dashboards, depicting actionable insights of data sources, as transformed and presented.
Get valuable insights and information about your business and marketing data within a spacing of traditional tablets Put reports and dashboards on the internet and view using laptops, tablets, or smartphones in minutes Within a few clicks, learn how to create powerful reports and tablets with Microsoft Power BI.
Understand the visualization facility embedded into MS Power BI, and how these ever-growing features and capabilities are transforming data into meaningful and actionable visualizations. And most of all, carry those visualizations in your mobile devices, with regular updates of data regularly.
Now, the saying “the report in your pocket” is now true and real!
At the end of the training, participants are expected to:
- The training has been designed to enable participants to understand the measured learning process involved in creating visualizations. These exercises have been customized to enable the participants to assimilate the subject matter by repeated practice with each practice adding more capabilities to previous exercises, and each exercise compounded with new learned features, to be applied to existing and completed exercises, geared for higher levels of understanding and application.
- Thus, Day1 to Day 3 subjects would be repeated for each exercise, with the design and philosophy that each layer of new knowledge and skill adds up to new insights and a better understanding of the enhancements in the visualizations of previously learned topics. Almost all referenced topics will be applied for each exercise, with each exercise laden with added new topics and features.
- At the conclusion of this course, Delegates are expected to be conversant of the transition process of extracting their data sources, cleaning their data (or transforming their data), and loading it into MS Power BI Desktop for modeling purposes. The final completion proof is that they will be able to view their reports using their mobile devices (and in like manner view those same data visualization using their desktop or laptop-based computers).
3 days, 3 hours per day
- Delegates must have had at least 6-months continuous use of MS Excel (any version from 2007 till present), and must have the desire to learn the fundamentals of data visualization using MS Power BI
• Delegates are required to bring their own laptops for the duration of the training
• Corporate Email Address is needed to create a Power BI account
• Power BI Suite and Power BI Desktop should be installed in their respective laptop
• Power BI iOS or Android App to be installed in their respective mobile devices.
The following are the subjects to be taken up during the workshop proper
- Foundation for Data Modelling
- Normalization and denormalization
- Creating your first report
- Data Hierarchies
- Publish to MS Power BI Service
- Introducing DAX (Data Analysis Expression)
- What is DAX
- How is DAX different from other languages
- What can DAX do that other visualization cannot do
- Basic structure of DAX
- Foundational syntax for DAX
- DAX functions
- Guidelines for good visualizations
- Selected but Powerful Free/Built-in Custom Visuals