KPI selection and data gathering are considered by professionals all around the world to be the most challenging aspects of working with KPIs. A way to address these challenges is to build a sound framework to measure KPIs, starting from the moment they are selected, until results are collected to be centralized in performance reports.
This training course presents a rigorous KPI Measurement Framework that embeds 10 years of research in the field of key performance indicators and relies on best practices identified in the real business environment.
The overall objective of this training is to:
• Develop a hands-on, practical overview of data analysis and connected topics
• Integrate statistical concepts and analytical tools that are widely used in corporate analytics environments;
• Analyze examples of practical applications for statistical methods used in solving real-life business issues;
• Acquire mastery of basic MS Excel and statistical techniques through practical examples
• Solve complex problems, using intermediate and advanced Excel techniques
Key Business Benefits:
There are many benefits that can be derived from this course that will justify the investment to attend or roll out the course. These benefits are the following:
• Improve the performance of your company by practicing a sound framework for KPI measurement;
• Obtain better business results by selecting the right KPIs to monitor for your company;
• Generate value from using KPIs by optimizing the data collection process;
• Support decision making by accessing relevant performance data;
• Use pre-populated tools to facilitate the implementation of a KPI Measurement Framework in your organization by receiving 10+ templates used in working with KPIs;
• Access an innovative learning experience based on a 3 stage educational process;
• Obtain premium recognition as a Certified KPI Professional by completing a unique international learning program;
• Expand your business network by becoming a member of the international Certified KPI Professionals Community.
This part of the learning experience is meant to ensure a smooth transition to the face to face training. Participants are required to take the following steps:
• Needs assessment – complete a questionnaire to determine a tailored and relevant learning experience;
• Pre-course evaluation quiz – take a short quiz to establish your current level of knowledge;
• Guidance and schedule – analyze a document presenting guidelines on how to maximize your learning experience;
• Forum introduction – share an introduction message to present yourself to the other course participants;
• Expectations – share your expectations regarding the training course;
• Pre-requisite reading – go through a series of documents to better understand the core course content.
Who Should Attend:
- Professionals from different fields, such as finance, human resources, production, logistics, information technology
- Professionals interested in key performance indicators
- Executives or operational Managers
- Data Analyst/ Strategy Managers/ Performance Management Officers/ Performance Architect
Program Outline/Course Overview
During the three days of face to face training, the course is designed to facilitate experiential learning and ensure a high level of interactivity. Exercises used to enhance the development of competencies ranges from simple matching of concepts to extensive analysis of case studies.
The learning experience consists of:
• Applying concepts in practical exercises;
• Analyzing case studies and identifying solutions;
• Using templates to develop performance measurement instruments;
• Sharing experiences and best practices;
• Creating a network of KPI Professionals;
• Constantly evaluating the participants’ knowledge, through short quizzes to support the certification exam.
Topic 1: The World of KPIs
Topic 2: Understanding KPIs
Topic 3: KPI typology
Topic 4: KPI Taxonomy
Topic 5: KPI selection
Topic 6: KPI Alignment
Topic 7: KPI documentation
Topic 8: Working with targets
Topic 9: Data gathering
Topic 10: Data visualization
Topic 11: Review and Certification Exam
• Course review
• Certification Exam
The learning process is not finalized when the core course ends. In order to benefit from a complete learning experience, participants are also required to take the following steps:
• Forum discussions – initiate a discussion on the forum and contribute in a discussion opened by another participant
• Action plan – create a plan for the actions and initiatives you intend to implement after the training course
• In-house presentation – create and submit a short PowerPoint presentation to share the knowledge acquired within the training course with your colleagues
• Additional reading – go through a series of resources to expand your content-related knowledge
• Learning journal: reflect upon your 3 stages of the learning experience and complete a journal.
The certification process is finalized only when you complete all 3 stages of the learning experience. Nonetheless, you will receive a:
1. Certificate of Completion (soft copy): after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam
2. Certificate of Attendance (hard copy): after participating in the 3 days on-site training course
3. Data Analysis Certification Diploma (hard copy): after you have successfully completed all 3 stages of the learning experience.
This course outline is the property of The KPI Institute.
GCSS Inc., is using this to run the program in the Philippines.