Everyone experiences problems from time to time. Some of our problems are big and complicated, while others may be more easily solved. There is no shortage of challenges and issues that can arise on the job. As we take several steps towards reaching our aim of achieving business and service excellence, it is necessary to equip ourselves with the right knowledge and skills that will help us get there. Knowing the right tools and methods to think critically, solve problems and, ultimately, make effective decisions form the basis for an individual as well as organizational success.
This training program focuses on how to get a structured problem solving approach and mindset at the workplace that will help them overcome hurdles they face with established processes and systems. This will help learn and use workplace specific tools for operational problem solving through selection of a project prior to the program.
• Increase awareness of problem solving & decision making tools and techniques.
• Enhance critical thinking skills.
• Distinguish root causes from issues to identify the right solution for the right problem.
• Develop simple, practical and useful new skills and techniques for use in their everyday work to enhance their problem solving skills.
Who Should Attend:
• Team Leaders
• Department Heads
Program Outline/Course Overview
Topic 1: Introduction to Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
• What is Critical Thinking?
• What is Problem Solving?
Topic 2: Understanding the Nature of Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
• What is Positive Attitude?
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Are you Critical or Creative?
• Thinking Patterns
Topic 3: Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Process
• 5C Methodology
o Causal Analysis
o Corrective Action