Over the past decade, more than 80% of the world’s data has been produced. In the face of vast amounts of big data, companies struggle to obtain the deep information they require to make rational business decisions.
This online course on Data Science and Data Analytics has been created with you in mind to discover the real value of the data, and that is to make data-driven decisions by qualified data scientists who desire to use data responsively, in new and creative ways.
The topics that will be covered in this live webinar will enable you to understand the underlying science behind data analytics, enabling you to further the search for patterns, correlations, data sets, forecasts, predictions, data modeling, among others.
- Understand the underlying science behind data analytics and must have practiced the processes of categorizing the application of data science into descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive phases.
- Create data analytics visualizations which would be required output of this hands-on training.
- Participate and submit several written exercises, with instructions given to each participant, and with the expectation of the results should match the desired image provided for comparative purposes by the participant.
Who Should Attend
- Managers of business intelligence, analytics, and big data professionals’ teams
- Current business and data analysts looking to add big data analytics to their skills
- Data and database professionals looking to exploit their analytic skills in a big data environment
- Recent college graduates and graduate students with academic experience in a related discipline looking to move into the world of Data Science and big data
- Participants must have used MS Excel for at least 6 consecutive months.
- A statistical background is helpful, but not required.
- Laptop/desktop for each delegate with the original/licensed version of Power BI
- Strong internet connection
- Smart phone
3 days, 4 hours per day
Program Outline/Course Overview
- Starting with the basics
- Understanding sets, supersets, and subsets (Venn Diagram)
- Identifying data relationships
- Understanding the MS Power BI – its uses, functionalities, and family members
- Navigating the MS Power BI interface
- Performing data cleansing and transformation using MS Power BI Power Query
- Understanding the Extract, transform, and load (ETL) process
- Creating JOINS
- Left Outer Join, Right Outer Join, Full Outer Join, Inner Join, and Left Anti-Join, Right Anti-Join
- Understanding and using the powerful data visualization language called Data Analysis eXpression (DAX)
- Creating Subsets using GroupBy, Summarize, VALUES, RANKX, ALL, CALCULATE, Filter using DAX
- Understanding the use of BLANK-type of DAX
- Using Custom-Visuals for Forecasting
- Using Custom visuals for regressions
- Using Key Influencers with AI-assisted analysis
- Creating Quick Insights using both numerical and textual contextualization
- Creating histograms and binning techniques
- Creating data clustering visualizations
- Understanding and Using Data Smoothing
- Understanding and Using Word Cloud
For a complete course outline, email email@example.com.