If you are new to people management this course is the ideal way to gain the skills you require quickly. As a new leader, you will return to work feeling motivated and confident that you can make a positive impact in your new role. You will also leave with a personal post-course action plan to implement.
This 2-day course will ensure that the key individuals within your organization are equipped with the skills necessary to enable them to achieve success, effectively managing the resources available, whilst identifying and maximizing opportunities.
At the end of the training, participants shall be able to:
- Put into practice the P-O-L-C (Planning, Organizing, Leading and Controlling) framework.
- Effectively deal with their respective business units and establish trust.
- Develop the key leadership and people management skills to ensure success in their respective roles.
- Enhance the effectiveness/ performance of their teams and the achievement of objectives and results.
Who Should Attend
- Team Leaders
- Senior Project supervisors
2 days, 7 hours each day
Program Outline/Course Overview
Topic 1: Defining Your Role and Responsibilities
- What Is Required Of You? – Role and Responsibilities
- Meet New Challenges And Changes with Confidence
- Meet the Demands of Your Manager and Team
- Work with Your Manager to Achieve Your Goals
- Establish Your Personal Leadership Style
Topic 2: People Management, Team Development and Delegation
- Set Personal and Team Objectives
- Build a Positive and Successful Team
- Recognize Strengths and Develop Individuals’ Potential
- The Process of Delegation and Its Benefits
- Overcome the Barriers to Effective Delegation
Topic 3: The P-O-L-C Framework
Topic 4: Motivating the Team
- Input and Motivation – Desire for Results
- Recognition and Feedback
- Achieve Maximum Performance
- Individual Effort Linked to Organizational Goals
Topic 5: Effective Communication
- Overcome Barriers – Ensure Your Communications Get Results
- Assess and Listen to Your Team’s Needs
- Communicate More Assertively in Team Meetings
- Define Feedback and How to Give Constructive Feedback
Topic 6: Improve Team Performance
- Priorities and Plan for Yourself and Others
- Respond to Poor Performance
- Develop Effective Strategies for Yourself and Your Team
Topic 7: Personal Development
- Prepare and Develop a Personal Action Plan to Support Your Return to the Workplace
For a complete course outline, email firstname.lastname@example.org.