This 2-day program will cover key concepts of Six Sigma, as well as the steps and tools, involve needed to implement a cost-effective program that is fitting for the organization. It also discusses the best practices and pitfalls in implementing the program to increase the success of Six Sigma deployment.
During the course, the participant needs to bring his/her own laptop to facilitate “pencil-pushing”, and the MS Excel should be installed at the laptop. It will be better, but optional if “Minitab” is installed on the laptop.
The overall objective of this certificate course is to train and certify employees to be Six Sigma Yellow Belts. It is designed for them to help the company to improve its business performance. Specifically, this certificate course shall address the following objectives:
• Understand and identify process waste & inefficiency
• Effectively contribute to business problem-solving workshops
• Understand what process improvement tools are available to eliminate waste and drive customer value
• Confidently apply the Six Sigma methodology and related tools and techniques to basic problems and improvement projects
• Monitor own and other’s progress in the completion of improvement projects
There are many benefits that can be derived from this certificate course that will justify the investment to attend or roll out the course. These benefits are the following:
• Promotes Quality Consciousness – Encourages employees to do their jobs right the first time and all the time.
• Promotes Teamwork – It encourages employees to cooperate with one another to be able to consistently satisfy the requirements of the next process.
• To effect improvements in:
– Quality – Quality is a thought that resides in every manager’s mind. Participative management is the vehicle that puts it in the mind of every employee.
– Productivity – Customers want quality services and products. Management alone cannot carry the burden of responding to these basic tenets of organizational survival. The intelligence and creative capacity of employees must be tapped to stem the complacency toward poor quality and its inherent high cost.
– Motivation – Using Six Sigma process improvement teams results in to increase in employee morale; and the changes can be observed in many ways.
Prerequisite Knowledge and Skills
There are no prerequisite knowledge and skills to be a certified Six Sigma Green Belt. However, it will be at the advantage if the participant is:
• Preferably, a college/university graduate
• At least one-year work experience
• Full-time employee
• Participated in any quality and productivity project
• Computer literate
Who Should Attend:
- Quality and Process Engineers
- Team Leaders and Process Operators or anyone who wants to improve their ability to solve recurring problems
Program Outline/Course Overview
Topic 1: Six Sigma Fundamentals
Topic 2: Define Phase
Topic 3: Measure Phase
Topic 4: Analyze Phase
Topic 5: Improve & Control Phase
Ice Breakers/ Quizzes/ Case Studies/ Workshops
Wrap-up / Summary / Open Discussion
The successful participant shall be called from a Six Sigma Green Yellow Candidate (SSYBC) to a Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CSSYB). Successful means:
• Have 100% attendance in the Six Sigma Green Belt Course; this is 35% of the total rating
• Have passed the written examination; this is 65% of the total rating
• A proposed Six Sigma is an additional requirement to be considered for the next level Six Sigma Green Belt training
The total rating (weighted average) score shall be at least 80% to be certified.