Lean thinking is a business methodology that aims to provide a new way to think about how to organize human activities to deliver more benefits to society and value to individuals while eliminating waste as defined by Wikipedia.
A workshop session that will give delegates the concepts of “Lean”. This will help companies to effectively start their management implementation towards process improvement. Understand what’s really going on in your workplace where value is created, improve the processes, and eliminate waste.
The workshop will include a discussion on the different tools to guide the participants in eliminating waste so that all activities/steps add value from the customers’ perspective
This course works for people new to the concepts of lean and continuous improvement, for individuals looking to improve their lean understanding and skills, and for organizations wanting to level set the lean knowledge of their workforce to speed progress.
After completing the training, participants should be able to:
- Define the Lean methodology and its principles
- Apply the lean principles in the company’s process improvement program/initiative
- Learn the basic Lean tools available to support the overall goal in eliminating waste in the workplace leading to a faster and more productive process
- Implement a Lean thinking mindset/culture in the organization
Who Should Attend
- for individuals who want to learn the concepts of lean and continuous improvement
- for individuals looking to improve their lean understanding and skills
- for organizations wanting to level set the lean knowledge of their workforce to speed progress
2 days, 4 hours each day.
Program Outline/Course Overview
Module 1: What is Lean and Lean thinking?
Module 2: The Lean principles
Module 3: The 8 types of wastes
Module 4: Introduction to the 10 basic Lean tools
- Value stream map
- Process map
- Process balancing
- Work standardization and combination
- Push vs. pull production systems
- Restriction management
- Poka Yoke
For a complete course outline, email email@example.com.