This three (3) day webinar is a specially designed course on logistics, with the intent that the participants would be capable of unveiling good insights buried in the various data elements related to the logistics data.
Participants would be able to apply powerful business visualization with generated insights.
The following topics will be covered during this three (3) day webinar (3-hour session per day, on-line). The daily sessions are focused on the fundamental principles about logistic-related topics, using MS Excel as the preferred platform for data visualization and computation.
Among other important topics that will be discussed and practiced includes optimization functions using Excel’s Solver, as well as StatPack (the built-in statistical package of Excel), and built-in features/functions of Excel that are geared towards the training objectives. The Solver add-in provides optimization solutions for performing various optimization, related to inventory stocking, freight/truck routing optimization, manpower allocation, warehousing with inventory optimization.
- At the conclusion of this webinar, it is expected of participants to be capable of using the right Excel functions to meet the needs of their business logistical requirements.
- Participants are encouraged to maximize these Excel functionalities which are normally applied for logistics related concerns.
3 days, 3 hours per day
Program Outline/Course Overview
In order to provide simplification of the formula creation in Excel, the following topics will be discussed on Day 1:
- Structured tables and formulas for Excel, using Format as Table (this capability enhances the formula creation from anywhere in the workbook).
- Introduction to dynamic and static naming techniques
- Creating table-related charts pertaining to logistical computations in Excel.
- Quick Review of Basic Statistics
- Overview of Statpak
- Overview of Solver
- Review of Excel-related basic logistical functions:
- Optimize on-time final deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction
- Prepare plans for forecasted bottlenecks and peaks using predictive analytics
- Understanding KPI’s
- Exercise on cost-benefit analysis to improve profitability
In order to further enhance the participant’s skills and understanding of additional logistics-related topics, the following related topics will be discussed, explained, and demonstrated. Day 2:
- An overview of the application of Excel to logistical computational needs will be discussed and demonstrated on Day 1.
- No data capture/entry will be required from participants as all data have already been prepared beforehand. All data that will be required for this webinar have been prepared proforma and will be provided during the start of the webinar for each registered participant.
- Several introductory topics will also be included in this first-day session, which topics are as follows:
- Distributions for Normality and Symmetry Testing
- Correlation and Reliability
- ANOVA (analysis of variance)
- Regression techniques to use for various logistical scenarios
- Forecasting using 6-modes of regressions, and how to determine “best fit” forecasts, using the R^2 (R-Squared) values.
For a complete course outline, email email@example.com.