About the course
This live webinar on MS Power BI has been prepared for those wishing to understand the powerful features of Microsoft Power BI considering that Microsoft Power BI is gaining its popularity as a visualization tool. Gain an overview of how Power BI can be explored and used to produce powerful and insightful reports. You’ll go from scratch to scratch as you learn how this common business intelligence platform is used through practical exercises. First, you will learn how to load and transform data confidently with Power
Query and data models, before diving into visualizations using the drag and fall functionality of Power BI. You will also learn how to download reports and make your reports fully interactive. Finally, you will upgrade your skills to create customized calculated columns and fields using DAX formulas to better analyze your data. You learn how to modify and format a wide variety of visualizations through hands-on activities before heading into data sorting and hierarchy, which helps you to excel in your studies. Finally, you can learn how the information in your reports is filtered by location and how these filters interconnect and communicate with other visuals within your report.
At the end of the training, participants shall be able to:
- At the conclusion of this course, participants are expected to be conversant of the transition process of extracting their data sources, cleaning their data (or transforming their data), and loading it into MS Power BI Desktop for modelling purposes.
- The final completion proof is that they will be able to view their reports using their mobile devices (and in like manner view those same data visualization using their desktop or laptop based computers).
Embrace the change. Enhance your set of skills. Keep on learning. We are with you at every step of the way.
- Participants must have had at least 6-months continuous use of MS Excel (any version from 2007 till 2016), and must be desirous of enhancing their visualization techniques, for reportorial or presentational purposes
- Laptop/desktop and smart phone with the original license version of MS Power BI
- Corporate email address is REQUIRED
- Strong internet connection